7 things to do in Fort Worth this weekend- June 8-10
Cowtown Farmers Market
1. Buy local. Eat fresh. At the Cowtown Farmers Market, all produce comes from within 150 miles of Fort Worth. The market is open from 8 a.m. until noon every Saturday this summer and had its first Wednesday market this past week from 8 a.m. until noon as well. This local market is off of Southwest Boulevard.
A date with Sean Mcconnell and Delbert Mcclinton
2. “The World’s Largest Honky Tonk” welcomes two stars for a weekend of music. Sean Mcconnell will take the stage Saturday night at Billy Bob’s Texas while Delbert Mcclinton will “wow” the crowd Sunday night. Tickets are on sale now for both shows, Mcconnell ranging from $12 to $16 dollars while Mcclinton’s are on sale for $12 to $28. See y'all in Cowtown!
Texas Longhorn Expo
3. Sunday will begin the 25th Annual Texas Longhorn Expo. The historic Fort Worth Stockyard will set the scene for the expo which features the Texas Longhorn Breeders Association Youth show and world show. The parade starts at 4:00 p.m. Click here for more info, yeehaw!
4. Time to get wild. The sixth annual Beastro at the Fort Worth Zoo is June 8th from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Tickets vary in price from $85 depending on a zoo membership. The event will feature sample appetizers, entrees, and desserts from fine restaurants around the area. There will also be open bars, live music and several animal exhibits open until sunset. For more information click here.
5. Dallas bound for the weekend? Don’t miss out on the H2O Festival at Fair Park in the Cotton Bowl Stadium. Artists like Maná, Tiësto, and Snoop Dogg along with a variety of other artists will be performing starting at 12:30 Saturday afternoon. Tickets start at $30 and increase. For more information click here.
Friday on the Green
6. Friday on the Green is filled with music, food and drinks. The event is from 7 to 10 tonight and is open to families and their dogs. The free event is organized by Fort Worth South, Inc. and is off of Magnolia Street in the Fort Worth's Near Southside District.
7. The Firestone 550 is on Saturday at the Texas Motor Speedway. Tickets will include admission to the Firestone 550 IndyCar Series Race and the Hoon KaboomTX Global Rallycross. Tickets range from $41 to $89.
Today on 360
Boschini: TCU stadium renovation the reason for drop in grant money for FY2012
The amount of money that TCU received in grants and contributions in fiscal year 2012 was significantly lower than in FY2011, and with good reason- the university wasn’t actively fundraising to build a stadium in 2012.
TCU can't complete sweep, falls 3-0 to Texas
C.J Hinojosa proved to be the thorn in TCU’s side, as the Horned Frogs couldn’t pull off the sweep, falling to the Texas Longhorns 3-0. Hinojosa, dating back to Friday’s game, reached base in eight straight at-bats and drove in two runs Saturday, leading the Longhorns to a victory.
Equestrian team announces new rider
The TCU equestrian team added another rider to its roster today after Hunt Seat coach Logan Fiorentino announced the addition of South Anchorage High School graduate Kari Hancock. Hancock, who has already been accepted to the John V. Roach Honors College and chosen as a Chancellor's Scholar, will join the team in the fall, according to a press release.
Like us on Facebook
Join our mailing list to be kept up to date on the latest campus news. We'll email you as big news breaks and send you regular updates with stories from TCU 360, the Daily Skiff, TCU News Now and Image magazine.