7 things to do in Fort Worth
Ladies Night at the Brownstone
1. It’s always ladies night on Thursday nights at the Brownstone on West 7th street. Ladies in groups of 4 or more can enjoy a complimentary appetizer with $1 bubbly. Ladies can also enter to win a “Day at the Spa.”
Gary Allan and Sara Evans at Billy Bob’s
2. Billy Bob’s never disappoints when it comes to its live performances every weekend. This Friday night enjoy Gary Allan and follow that up with a Saturday night serenade by Sara Evans. Prices for both shows range from $15 to $80, and the shows start at 10:30 all weekend.
Scott Copeland at White Elephant Saloon
3. Esquire Magazine calls it one of the “Best 100 Bars in America” but on Friday night it’s the stage for Red-Dirt recording artist Scott Copeland. For a $6 cover charge, watch live music at White Elephant Saloon at 106. E. Exchange Ave in Fort Worth.
Fort Worth Home and Garden Show
4. Take a chance to browse and get an up close and personal look at your home and garden needs. The Fort Worth Home and Garden Show at the Fort Worth Convention Center takes place Saturday (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and Sunday (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.). The event is free to children 14 and under and tickets are $10 for adults and $9 for seniors.
The Cellar meets hip-hop
5. The Cellar on Berry Street is changing things up this weekend. Humongous Fungus Entertainment will take over the Cellar stage with ten Fort Worth hip-hop artists beginning Saturday night at 8:30 p.m.
6. Try something new on Sunday afternoon by attending Sunday Country Brunch at the Aardvark on Berry Street. The brunch now serves barbecue every Sunday beginning at 11:30 a.m. Become a part of the tradition for $12 all you can eat and $1 mimosas.
Live Music at Bar Louie
7. Enjoy a Sunday evening of live music at Bar Louie on West 7th. Live music begins at 8 p.m. and half-priced appetizers, $5 signature martinis and $3 drafts are just a few of the happy hour specials starting from 9 p.m. to close.
Today on 360
Chick-fil-A to come to campus in fall
This story has been updated to include a new statement from TCU about 1873's fall menu. Students looking for a quick Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich to eat or some sweet tea to drink will no longer have to go off campus to get their food.
Reports: Josh Boyce, Stansly Maponga sign NFL contracts
Former TCU wide receiver Josh Boyce has signed a deal with the New England Patriots, according to the Boston Herald, Baltimore Sun and
TCU baseball finds six runs in the top of the ninth to win 8-4
It could be called a reverse Cinderella story.
Like us on Facebook
Join our mailing list to be kept up to date on the latest campus news. We'll email you as big news breaks and send you regular updates with stories from TCU 360, the Daily Skiff, TCU News Now and Image magazine.