Preparations continue for Chisholm Trail Parkway to open this Sunday
The Chisholm Trail Parkway main lanes will open to the public Sunday, May 11, weather permitting, allowing drivers convenient access between Fort Worth and Cleburne and the many communities in between. Like many NTTA projects, this will be a phased opening. Drivers will have a safe roadway and increased mobility while crews continue work to complete select bridges, direct connectors and ramps along the corridor.
Following the CTP Run and Ride event scheduled for Saturday, May 10, crews will begin preparing the road for traffic. By Sunday morning, final checklists will be complete, and crews will begin opening the road. It will take several hours for the entire roadway to open to traffic.
Where to access Chisholm Trail Parkway
Chisholm Trail Parkway will offer motorists multiple access points to major roads along the corridor through Tarrant and Johnson counties. The following is a list of entrances and exits that will be open to traffic on May 11:
● University Drive
● Montgomery Street
● Edwards Ranch Road (excluding northbound entrance ramp)
● Arborlawn Drive
● Overton Ridge Boulevard
● Oakmont Boulevard
● Altamesa Boulevard
● Sycamore School Road (excluding the northbound exit ramp and southbound entrance ramp)
● McPherson Boulevard
● FM 1187 (excluding the southbound exit ramp)
● CR 920
● FM 1902/FM 915 Intersection
● CR 913
● FM 917
● CR 904
● FM 1125
● Sparks Road
● CR 1125
● U.S. 67
The following access points are still under construction and will open in phases over the next six months:
● Interstate 30 direct connectors near Summit Avenue
● Forest Park Boulevard
● Edwards Ranch Road-Northbound entrance ramp
● Interstate 20 / SH 183 Interchange direct connectors
● Sycamore School Road-Northbound exit and southbound entrance ramps
● FM 1187-Southbound exit ramp
While some parts of CTP will be under construction through fall 2014, drivers wanting to use the CTP where it crosses major highway can still make a connection.
Traveling between CTP and Interstate 30
● To access I-30 from CTP – Take the Montgomery Street exit off northbound CTP and continue on Montgomery St. to access I-30.
● To access CTP from I-30-Exit to Montgomery Street and continue south on Montgomery to CTP.
Traveling between CTP and Interstate 20/State Highway 183
● To access I-20/SH 183 from CTP – Exit Overton Ridge Boulevard or Arborlawn Drive, continue on the frontage road to access the I-20 and SH 183.
● To access CTP from eastbound I-20/SH 183 – Exit Bryant Irvin Road, continue on the eastbound I-20 frontage road, and east on Overton Ridge Boulevard to enter CTP.
● To access CTP from westbound I-20/SH 183 – Exit Bryant Irvin Road, make a U-turn at Bryant Irvin Road, continue on the eastbound I-20 frontage road, and turn east on Overton Ridge Boulevard to enter CTP.