The event will is celebrating TCC’s “50 Years of Success Within Reach,” and will be held on the banks of the Trinity River Campus, one of the college’s five campuses.
“It’s a significant milestone,” Joe McIntosh, executive director for the Tarrant County College Foundation, said. “We feel very gratified that the community has entrusted to us the opportunity to serve and to meet its educational needs these past 50 years.”
Panther Island Pavilion’s website says the event promises to be a good time and to be a great celebration of TCC’s past and future.
This family-friendly day will include a variety of activities and performances, with everything from a kids’ zone with face painting and treats to the opportunity to contribute a photo to TCC’s 5oth anniversary time-capsule.
Activities will include:
- Doing-Up the Decades: performances from each of TCC’s five campuses
- The Education Try-Way: showcases of TCC’s latest programs
- You Were Here: a time-capsule to submit a photo of attendees at the event
- Vida Van Sampling Team: The Dr Pepper’s brand ambassadors will host “Pepper Pong” and “four flavors to savor”
- The Texas Rangers’ Captain: Schedule to bring promotional goodies. This will also include photo opportunities
- The Fort Worth Vaqueros: The team will present soccer skills, demos and lessons, along with the opportunity for free tickets to the games
- Toro: TCC’s mascot will attend for photo opportunities
- Kids’ Zone: balloon artist, face painting and treats
- Food: Hot dogs, chips and desserts to enjoy
- KISS-FM will be on-site
The celebration is schedule to take place on Saturday, Aug. 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Free event parking will be available on Peach Street and Henderson.
For additional information about the event, visit Panther Island Pavilion’s website.
Watch TCC’s 50th Anniversary video below to see how TCC has grown and changed over the past 50 years.