The Fort Worth food trucks will venture out of the Clearfork Food Park every workday during lunch hours from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to head for Texas Street on the south end of City Hall.
The stop is part of a pilot program started by the Fort Worth parking operations manager, Peter Elliott. If the 90-day trial is successful contracts for the trucks may be extended.
During lunch hours there is normally a long line awaiting the truck of the day. City workers said there are no fast food restaurants around and it is hard to find a good lunch in time.
“It’s a little over priced but it is very convenient for us that work down here because we don’t have enough time to sit and enjoy a full meal,” said David Montgomery. “This is fast food without the fast food taste.”
The trucks range from tacos to custom make-your-own pizzas.
“I think this is a good opportunity to try some different things. The couple of times I’ve been here the food has been real good,” said Ken Alexander, who also works downtown.
Here is the lineup for lunch options according to http://fortworthtexas.gov/:
Monday. Crazy Burger. The crazy burger truck has options for all different taste buds. Options include:
- The “CrazyBurger” – 8oz meat with homemade guacamole, bacon and double cheese
- Portobella Burger – Whole grilled portobella mushroom, roasted bell peppers, spinach, feta cheese and basil besto
- Buffalo Burger – 8oz buffalo ground meat, red caramelized onions, swiss cheese and balsamic demi glaze
- Hawaiiana – 8oz meat, grilled pineapple, jalapeños, ham, and Oaxaca cheese
Taco Tuesday. Holy Frijole. Street tacos and other Mexican food
- Margaritas, Mojitos, Funky Town Fresh Cocktails
- Tacos, quesadillas, nachos and more!
Wednesday. Gepetto’s Pizza. A variety of different pizzas including a custom make-your-own.
Thursday. Top Nosh. Tacos. Menu items include a gourmet sloppy Joe sandwich and international cuisine.
Friday. Gepetto’s Pizza Truck
The truck of the day will be located on Texas Street adjacent to the horseshoe drive on the south end of City Hall.