Gas leak repaired: King Family Commons cleared after evacuation

0
447

Print Article
UPDATE: The source of the gas leak has been repaired.

Robert Rangel, assistant chief of TCU Police, announced in an email to the student body Thursday at 2:14 p.m. that the leak was from a large carbon dioxide tank.

The Fort Worth Fire Department has cleared the building and it is now safe to resume normal activities.

King Family Commons evacuated after gas leak in building

A gas leak at the King Family Commons (KFC) forced evacuations of the building Thursday afternoon.

Students at KFC during the incident said they were not informed of the leak. The only information they were given was that they had to leave immediately.

“I was eating lunch with someone and all the [KFC] workers were leaving the building and were telling us to evacuate,” said Sophia Cousineau, a sophomore business major. “No one was telling us what was happening just that we needed to leave.”

A TCU Alert was sent out following the leak, but no initial report was given, only an “All Clear” message.

Fort Worth Police and Fire Departments have responded to the incident, according to Rangel. Rangel also told students to avoid the area until further notice.

This story is developing and will continue to be updated as more information is made available to TCU 360.