Students might wait in lines hours before Tim Halperin and The Fray perform. Other students might twiddle their thumbs in sheer disinterest for this year’s campus concert. Here are 7 things to do if you are not attending the alternative rock concert.
1. La Playa Maya Happy Hour- As the day heats up, La Playa Maya has $2 margaritas and domestic beers from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. There are three different locations in Fort Worth serving Mexican food and drink specials.
2. Fusion, Inc. Hookah Session- The CampusSpecial.com iPhone and Android application have a free hookah session coupon for up to 5 people. The smoke shop is open Friday until 1 a.m. and will give TCU students 10 percent off their products with a TCU id.
3. Put a Cork In It Wine Tasting- A free wine tasting will be held Friday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the local wine shop. Put a Cork In It will pour 4 to 6 wines Friday afternoon.
5. Four Day Weekend Improvisational Comedy- The six-member comedy troupe will perform in Sundance Square at 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tickets are $20. People 18 and up are welcome.
6. Fort Worth Botanic Garden- An artwork exhibit will give students the chance to see displays from over thirty different artists. The exhibit is from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the garden grounds are open from 8 a.m. to dusk.
7. Stockyards Rodeo- 2 hours of Texas-sized fun at the Stockyards Championship Rodeo. The bucking starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 for general admission and is open for all ages. Cash only!