This weekend has the potential to be like no other. If you attend all 7 of these events, you are definitely an eclectic soul.
Trinity Shakespeare Festival
1. Shakespeare, TCU and a night full drama. The Trinity Shakespeare Festival returns to TCU this weekend with alternating shows of The Merry Wives of Windsor and The Merchant of Venice. Shows start at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $10.
Concerts in the Garden
2. Concerts in the Garden continue this weekend at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. You can find Star Wars and Beyond on Friday night, Reckless Kelly on Saturday night, and Music of Fleetwood Mac on Sunday night. Shows start at 8:15 p.m. with various ticket prices. Be sure to stay for the fireworks!
Cowtown Farmers Market
3. Your parents always insisted that you eat your veggies. Here’s your chance. The Cowtown Farmers Market is having a special event on Saturday with demos from the Fort Worth Culinary school. The market is open from 8 a.m. until noon in rain, sleet or shine!
Scat Jazz Lounge
4. Do you like jazz music? Get ready to enjoy the jazz tradition this Sunday at Scat Lounge in downtown Fort Worth. The event begins at 8 p.m. and houses many different musicians. Enjoy happy hour specials no cover charge. The party is not over until 2 a.m.!
Shooter Jennings and Ronnie Milsap
5. Shooter Jennings and Ronnie Milsap come to Billy Bob’s Texas this Friday and Saturday night respectively. Come get your two-step on and dance the night away at the World’s Largest Honkytonk!
African American Doctors Exhibit
6. Discover a bit of history with the African American Doctors exhibit now at the Fort Worth Library. The exhibit shares the stories of a variety of doctors who helped their community despite the Jim Crow laws at the time. Admission is free.
7. Come watch one newspaper columnist kick some hiney… it’s in the title! Red Hot Patriot: the kick-a** wit of Molly Irvins by Margaret and Allison Engel performed at Stage West on Vickery. Shows start at 8 on Friday and Saturday night and 3 p.m. on Sunday.