Here are seven things you can do this weekend in Fort Worth.
Tubing on the River
1. This is a Thursday night event but hey, it looks awesome with Bart Crow band playing! Rockin’ the River returns to the Trinity River with tube rentals at only $5. No outside drinks or coolers but alcohol can be purchased on site and dogs are welcome.
2. When was the last time you saw a film in IMAX? Born to be Wild and Thrill Ride are playing at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. Born to be Wild explores the relationship between humans and animals while Thrill Ride looks into the history of roller coasters. Come out and enjoy the show.
3. What the Butler Saw will be playing at Stage West this weekend. This racy play is sure to get your heart pumping. Please note this play contains adult matter. Come out and see the play where “nothing is sacred, not even Sir Winston Churchill.”
4. The Mimir Chamber Music Festival closes this Friday night with their performance at TCU. This orchestral musical festival features musicians from around the world performing chamber music. Don’t miss out on this truly special concert.
5. Get those feet moving and listen to the beat with your family this Friday night. Bass Hall will have Rhythmic Circus: Feet Don’t Fail Me Now, a tap/dance company that use their feet as their instruments. Get out and groove!
Thistle Hill Tour
6. Things could get a little spooky for this next event. Thistle Hill will have a flashlight tour to show folks just exactly what’s holding things up in the old mansion. The tour will include the climbing of over 60 stairs with only flashlights. Are you brave enough?
Shop Until You Drop
7. Starting Thursday at 10 a.m., Sundance Square will host the Sundance Square Sidewalk Sale. More than 15 merchants are participating over the weekend including Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop and Jos. A. Bank Clothiers. The four-day sale runs until Saturday at 8 p.m. and until 6 p.m. on Sunday.