Trinity River Tubing
1. The Rockin’ the River event continues this Thursday with the appropriately named Dirty River Boys. Tubes can be rented, dogs and beer can be purchased on site only. Come start your weekend early with gates opening at 4 p.m. with music starting at 5!
Wonder Bread Years at Bass Hall
2. With shows all weekend you’ll be sure to find this mix between theatre and stand-up great fun. A salute to the Baby Boomer generation, this show is sure to leave you laughing. Click here for information on tickets and times.
Parade at Casa Manana
3. Opening Friday, Casa Manana performs the Tony award winning Parade. Based on the true story of a Jewish man on trial for murder in turn-of-the-century Georgia, this musical portrays hope, loyalty and more. Please note this musical has adult material not suitable for all ages. Click here for more information.
4. Friday night Hudson Moore will perform at Billy Bob’s Texas followed by Saturday night with Bob Schneider. Go show off your two-stepping skills and enjoy the live music at the world’s largest honky tonk. More information here.
5. Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill, how can you go wrong? The Watch opens Friday with aliens, a neighborhood watch and plenty of laughs. Get out and see this film this weekend for a good time. Please note this film is rated R.
6. This Saturday, be a part of celebrating the National Day of American Cowboy Heritage benefiting the Cowboys of Color! The National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum will host the Zydeco Festival 2012 beginning at 4 p.m. This festival will include music, live entertainment and fun for the whole family. Tickets are on sale now for $20 and can be bought for $25 at the door. The event will be held at 3534 E. Berry St. in Fort Worth.
Wiener Man’s Final Days
7. Your neighborhood hotdog delicacy truck will be taking a hiatus for much of the month of August, so catch up with the truck and get your favorite wieners while you still can. The Wiener Man will be at Artspace111 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday night and on West 7th St. Food Court from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Friday for all of you late night eaters. You can catch the truck on Saturday in the Gold Standard and 7th St. Food Court from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Hurry before it’s too late! Trinity River Tubing