It's the first weekend of August and we've got the perfect plans for you to make in Fort Worth.
1. On Friday night, venture out to hear Mark Chesnut on stage at Billy Bob’s Texas. Then, Saturday night the Houston native Cory Morrow comes out to play. Boot scoot boogie your way to a Texas summer night two-step.
2. The much anticipated fourth Bourne movie opens this weekend. Following the steps of Jason Bourne, the Bourne Legacy, continues the story of the FBI’s most valuable and dangerous program. Be sure to look up a showing near you here.
First Friday at the Modern
3. It’s that time again. First Friday at the Modern will feature cocktails and music from the Kevin Townson Trio in the lobby from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Starting at 6:30 p.m., a docent-led tour of the gallery will begin free for Modern members and Star-Telegram Press Pass holders. Enjoy dinner at the Modern Cafe. For more information click here.
4. According to The Live Oak Music Hall & Lounge website, Madràs final show is on August 5 as one of the members, Jeevan, is moving back to Dubai. The Fort Worth duo are Horned Frogs and will perform in the group’s first headlining show.
Live Music at Lola’s
5. Come to Lola’s Saloon Thursday night for a night of indie, punk and rock and roll live music. Three bands are performing including Doom Ghost and War Party beginning at 9 p.m. The cost is $9 for anyone under 21 and $5 for anyone over.
Free Hot Yoga in the Park
6. Brewed presents Free Hot Yoga in the park Thursday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Fairmount Park between Maddox and 5th Ave in Fort Worth. All you need is a yoga mat, towel and water to enjoy the free coffee samples and yoga class.
Saturday Tour and Beer Tasting
7. Enjoy an afternoon of beer tasting, live music and food at Rahr and Sons Brewing Company. Beginning at 1 p.m., the $10 entrance fee provides a Rahr and Sons pint glass and beer samples. Food will be provided by Grill Kings and the event will include live music by Luke Wade. Customers are encouraged to bring canned food and non-perishable food for the company’s food drive.