Football season is officially here and for those of you who aren’t attending the game, Fort Worth is full of fun places to watch the Horned Frogs take on the Grambling State Tigers Saturday at 6 p.m. All restaurants encourage customers to show up early to ensure a great seat.
XII Whiskey Bar & Grill
1) A new bar and grill underneath the GrandMarc on Berry St. is the ideal environment for TCU’s entrance into the Big 12 Conference. Priding themselves on whiskey, bourbon and scotch the new grill also has plenty of televisions to watch the home opener. The new XII Whiskey Bar and Grill opened in the TCU community last month.
Boomerjack’s Fort Worth
2) Boomerjack’s Grill and Bar on West 7th is the perfect game day destination. With multiple views and an outdoor patio, the half-pound burgers and $2 domestic drafts only add to the appeal. Avid sports fans can expect the grill to show the Rangers game as well.
Buffalo Bros on University
3) There are 36 televisions to chose from at Buffalo Bros on University. Game day specials include $1 jello shots, $3 Horny Frog shots, $4 pint Rahr and $3 Rahr bottles as well as $6 pulled pork sandwiches.
Chimy’s on West 7th
4) If margaritas and nachos are right up your alley, Chimy’s on West 7th might just be your game day hot spot. Whether the patio or indoors suits you best, the choice is yours at Chimy’s Cerveceria.
Dutch’s on Univesity
5) “Fight ‘Em Till Hell Freezes Over, Then Fight ‘Em on the Ice.” At Dutch’s Legendary Hamburgers, TCU former Head Football Coach Dutch Meyer’s quote is plastered largely on the wall, adding to your game day experience if you wish to spend it here. Enjoy a malt, shake or half-pound burger close enough to the stadium to overhear the action.
Buffalo Wild Wings
6) The epitome of a sports watching party is Buffalo Wild Wings on Hulen. With multitudes of wing flavor options and a sizable beer selection, there is no shortage of televisions to watch the Horned Frogs in action.
Frankie's Sports Bar
7) Frankie's Sports Bar downtown not only has a vast drink selection, but an original television set up perfect for game watching. With an athletic themed menu and patio seating, the venture downtown might just be a safe bet for Saturday’s 6 p.m. kick-off.