A leak that occurred near the 3000 block of South University Drive has been capped, according to the Fort Worth Fire Department public information officer.
A unit was dipatched when a construction crew hit gas line that was approximately one inch, Tim Hardeman said.
The fire crew was on location for approximately one and a half hours until Atmos Energy capped the gas leak, he said.
The incident was a single company response meaning only one fire engine was sent to the incident, said Hardeman.
Around 12:15 p.m., the Fort Worth Fire Department responded to a call regarding a vapor gas leak near the 3000 block of South University Drive.
The leak appeared to be behind the location of upcoming restaurant Pizza Snob, located by McAlister’s Deli. It is at the former location of Halo Lounge.
At the time, caution tape had been set up near the leak, and firefighters were asking people to walk around the area. Reports said the leak can be smelled as far as the BLUU.
By 12:50 p.m., an Atmos Energy truck had arrived at the scene.
TCU360 will bring you the latest details as they become available.