TCU ties in scoreless match with OSU


    TCU and Oklahoma State battled to a scoreless double overtime tie.

    OSU finished 21-20 in shots for the match. Goalkeeper Vittoria Arnold stopped all four shots leading to her third shutout of the season.  

    “We got after the group a little bit after the Texas Tech game and really challenged them,” head coach Eric Bell said. “They answered the call of the challenge today as far as competing and working and fighting. We created some decent chances, unfortunately we weren’t able to put them in. Hopefully we can use today as a positive and move forward.”

    TCU picked up two shots and two corners in the first 10 minutes of the match.

    Midfielder Meghan Murphy headed the ball, which led to a scoring opportunity from midfielder Maddie Payne, but the shot went just wide.

     “I think the positive is that we worked hard for 110 minutes,” Bell said. “For us to be successful, we have to be able to do that. In the previous two losses, we weren’t consistently working hard enough to give ourselves a chance. We did today, and it gave us a chance to win.”

    The Frogs held the Cowgirls to three shots in the half with a strong defense. In the second half, Forward Brittany Slyman’s shot was blocked which set up a corner kick. Murphy’s header was just wide of the goal.

    Both teams had many scoring opportunities, with the game deadlocked at zero. OSU’s forward Krissi Killion’s shot right off of the crossbar before TCU rattled off four straight shots of their own.

    Arnold was kept busy the remainder of the match as OSU had five shots over a 10 minute period,  including a toe save on a liner by offensive threat Allie Stephenson.

    The biggest save for TCU came in from Murphy. The ball got behind Arnold on a scoring attempt from midfielder Madison Mercado, but Murphy was there to kick the ball aside.

    The Frogs move to 4-6-3 overall and 0-2-1 in conference play. The Frogs will take on the Jayhawks Friday in Kansas at 4 p.m.