TCU student media garnered 10 awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, with two of them vying for national honors.
The awards were based on student journalists’ work at either student media publications or professional internships.
All of the awards were based on content produced in 2013. All entries came from Texas and Oklahoma.
The TCU Student Media award recipients include:
•Daniel Ethridge, Image Magazine. Winner in Breaking News Photography for “Zero Gravity ride at Texas State Fair”
•Jessica Nenow, Katherine Love and Alex Apple, Skiffx360. Winner in Photo Illustration for “A New Way of Doing business”
•Chloe Coleman, TCU360.com. Finalist in Newspapers/ General News Reporting for “Affidavit: Pickens was second overdose at apartment”
• Samantha Ehlinger, Image Magazine. Finalist in Non-Fiction Magazine Article for “Eating Disorders: The problem on campus”
• Daniel Ethridge, Image Magazine. Finalist in Feature Photography for “Student model Frances Lamendola”
• Natasha Panchal and Alex Apple, Skiffx360. Finalist in photo illustration for “JFK and the Day Lee Harvey Oswald Came to Campus”
• Madeline Schmitt, TCU News Now. Finalist in Television General News Reporting for “Dangerous Intersection”
• Ryan Osborne, TCU360.com/TCU News Now. Finalist in Online Sports Reporting for “Former A-A passes up NFL to teach.”
• Kendall Morris, TCU News Now. Finalist in Television Feature Reporting for “PB&J Mondays”
• Staff, TCU360.com. Finalist in Best Digital-Only Student Publication.