TCU can’t stop scoring in their first half 37-20 effort over Texas Tech


    TCU looks for their first victory over Texas Tech since joining the Big 12 Conference.

    Tech opened the game with a 57-yard run by Kenny Williams. This was the first time all season TCU has been scored on in the opening drive. The Frogs also ended their season long streak starting with a 14-0 lead.

    TCU’s Aaron Green countered with a 62-yard run to tie the game at 7-7, just one minute 14 seconds into the opening quarter.

    With Davis Webb’s incomplete pass into the endzone to Brad Marquez, the Red Raiders narrowly missed a touchdown opportunity and settled with a field goal by Ryan Bustin for a 10-7 lead.

    On the next posession, wide receiver Josh Doctson broke a tackle around the Tech 20-yard line to dance into the end for a 51-yard touchdown.

    Tech’s Jakeem Grant looked ready to take back the lead with a 59-yard sprint deep into TCU territory. A Ranthony Texada interception was called back due to a holding penalty.

    At that point, both the Frogs and the Red Raiders scored on every possession. Sam Carter ended the streak by breaking up a fourth down pass to DeAndre Washington in the endzone.

    Boykin showed off his passing strength with a 54-yard pass to Kolby Listenbee. A 33-yard field goal by Jaden Oberkrom put TCU up 17-10 with 4:13 let in the first.

    On the following drive, Chris Hackett picked off Davis Webb’s pass at the Tech 16-yard line. Boykin connected with Josh Doctson to bring the Frogs up 23-10.

    A 56-yard touchdown pass by Webb to Devin Lauderdale brought the Red Raiders back to a one touchdown separation at 24-17.

    Boykin opened the second quarter with a 24-yard touchdown pass to Deante’ Gray. Tech responded with a four minute, seven second possession resulting in a 38-yard field goal.

    On fourth and two, a roughing the kicker call against Tech resulted in a first down for TCU. Despite the fresh set of downs, the Frogs continued to their first first scoreless drive of the game.

    The Frogs got the ball back after Chucky Hunter recovered a fumble on the Red Raider 25-yard line. A 43-yard field goal by Oberkrom gave TCU three more points, up 34-20.

    Terrell Lathan stripped Webb for another Tech fumble, recovered by TCU’s Josh Carraway. Oberkrom ended the quarter with a 47-yard field goal.

    TCU leads 37-20 at the half.

    Video by Joey McReynolds.