From 2011 to now: How the class of 2015 has changed

    795
    print

    The sun is shining, the gowns are flowing, the traffic is crazy; it’s graduation time in Fort Worth.

    A lot has changed since these graduates arrived in Fort Worth, on campus and within their own class.

    In 2011, the incoming class of first-year students was not much different than the classes before. The class had an exact 60-40 ratio of female students to male students, according to the TCU Office of Institutional Research, with 1,114 women and 755 men.

    However, as the Class of 2015 prepares to walk, the percentage has changed slightly: 61 percent are women and 39 percent are men.

    The M.J. Neeley School of Business has the most graduates from the class of 2015. Of the 524 who sought business degrees in the fall of 2011, 70.6 percent of them will cross the stage and receive their business degree, according to the TCU Office of Institutional Research.

    While most of the graduates will be in their early 20s, the youngest graduate is 19 and the oldest graduate is 61 said Kristi Harrison, manager of academic progress services.

    Latin honors are used to distinguish between different levels of academic achievement.

    Over half of the Latin honors are Cum Laude. Only 87 graduates will receive the Summa Cum Laude honor. Of those 87, 11 will be graduating with a perfect cumulative 4.0 GPA, Harrison said.

    TCU students come from all over the map.

    For this graduating class, almost 60 percent are from Texas. The other 40 percent come from 47 other states, Harrison said.

    In addition to the American students, 64 international students from 23 different countries will be among those graduating next month, Harrison said.

    There will be two commencement ceremonies to honor the graduates on Saturday, May 9.

    The 9 a.m. ceremony will recognize graduates from the AddRan College of Liberal Arts, the M. J. Neeley School of Business, the College of Fine Arts and University Programs.

    The 2 p.m. ceremony will recognize graduates from the Brite Divinity School, the Bob Schieffer College of Communication, the College of Education, the College of Science & Engineering and the Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences.

    August 2011 brought 1,869 first-year students to Fort Worth ready to begin college, according to the TCU Office of Institutional Research. Four years later, 1,498 graduates will be crossing the stage in May.

    Note: All data is as of April 23. Final counts will be available here after commencement.