Graduation is a time to reflect on your years at TCU. Although you may have spent many late nights cramming for tests, you don’t want to wait until the night before to make sure you are prepared for the ceremony.
Student Graduation Checklist:
– Order your cap, gown and diploma
o A late fee will be assessed on cap, gown and diploma orders that are placed after Nov. 12.
– Pick up your cap and gown at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum
o Dec. 17 9 a.m. &- 4:30 p.m.
o Dec. 18 8 a.m. &- noon
– Send your graduation announcements and invitations
– You can order graduation announcements or invitations by calling the University Bookstore at 817-257-7844 or visiting tcu.bncollege.com.
– If you will not be attending the graduation ceremony you must indicate on my.tcu.edu in the “student center” section on the Diploma/Cap and gown ordering” link.
– Make sure your student account is paid by Dec. 5.
– Make sure you bring the number card you received in the mail to the ceremony
o If you misplaced your number card, you can get a replacement at the Registrar’s table in the upper concourse of Daniel-Meyer Coliseum before the graduation commencement.
Parent Graduation Checklist:
– Arrive early
– There is no reserved seating (except for disabled)
o For disabled seating, call Jonie Smith at 817-257-7802
– No ticket or invitation is needed for entry
– Commencement Reception
o 11 a.m. &- noon
– Graduation Ceremony
ÃÂ§ 1 p.m.
ÃÂ§ The ceremony will last 2.5 – 3 hours
ÃÂ§ Doors will open one hour prior to the commencement
ÃÂ§ Line up at 12:15 p.m. in the north concourse of Daniel-Meyer Coliseum.
– Commencement Ceremony
o Brown-Lupton University Union
o 2901 Stadium Drive
– Graduation Ceremony
o Daniel-Meyer Coliseum
Who can come?:
– Graduating students may invite an unlimited number of guests
– Undergraduate: $55
– Master: $65
– Doctorate: $100
– Thesis: $65
– Dissertation: $75
– AddRan College of Liberal Arts
– Brite Divinity School
– College of Communication
– College of Education
– College of Fine Arts
– Neeley School of Business
– College of Science and Engineering
– Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences
– Parking is limited due to construction
– Carpooling is recommended
– A map link can be found below
– A live video of the graduation ceremony will stream on commencement.tcu.edu for those who cannot attend
– Flash Photography will be taking photos of the graduates during the ceremony
o They will take three photos
ÃÂ§ One with the chancellor
ÃÂ§ One with the dean of the student’s graduating college
ÃÂ§ One posed photo after the graduate exits the stage
o Proofs of the photos will be mailed to the graduate’s address
– Red Productions will be filming a video of the entire ceremony
o Directions on how to order the video will be mailed to the graduate’s permanent address
– You can find and print a news release announcing your graduation and any honors you may have received to send to your hometown newspaper
o If you find a problem with the news release, contact Jenny Robertson at email@example.com and a corrected version will be posted on the site or mailed to you
– Commencement ceremony information and a commencement handbook were mailed to the graduate’s permanent address last month