Cowtown Farmers Market
1. Buy local. Eat fresh. At the Cowtown Farmers Market, all produce comes from within 150 miles of Fort Worth. The market is open from 8 a.m. until noon every Saturday this summer and had its first Wednesday market this past week from 8 a.m. until noon as well. This local market is off of Southwest Boulevard.
A date with Sean Mcconnell and Delbert Mcclinton
2. “The World’s Largest Honky Tonk” welcomes two stars for a weekend of music. Sean Mcconnell will take the stage Saturday night at Billy Bob’s Texas while Delbert Mcclinton will “wow” the crowd Sunday night. Tickets are on sale now for both shows, Mcconnell ranging from $12 to $16 dollars while Mcclinton’s are on sale for $12 to $28. See y'all in Cowtown!
Texas Longhorn Expo
3. Sunday will begin the 25th Annual Texas Longhorn Expo. The historic Fort Worth Stockyard will set the scene for the expo which features the Texas Longhorn Breeders Association Youth show and world show. The parade starts at 4:00 p.m. Click here for more info, yeehaw!
4. Time to get wild. The sixth annual Beastro at the Fort Worth Zoo is June 8th from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Tickets vary in price from $85 depending on a zoo membership. The event will feature sample appetizers, entrees, and desserts from fine restaurants around the area. There will also be open bars, live music and several animal exhibits open until sunset. For more information click here.
5. Dallas bound for the weekend? Don’t miss out on the H2O Festival at Fair Park in the Cotton Bowl Stadium. Artists like Maná, Tiësto, and Snoop Dogg along with a variety of other artists will be performing starting at 12:30 Saturday afternoon. Tickets start at $30 and increase. For more information click here.
Friday on the Green
6. Friday on the Green
is filled with music, food and drinks. The event is from 7 to 10 tonight and is open to families and their dogs. The free event is organized by Fort Worth South, Inc. and is off of Magnolia Street in the Fort Worth's Near Southside District.
7. The Firestone 550
is on Saturday at the Texas Motor Speedway. Tickets will include admission to the Firestone 550 IndyCar Series Race and the Hoon KaboomTX Global Rallycross. Tickets range from $41 to $89.