Looking for something to do this weekend? We've got you covered!
Ladies Night out at West 7th
1. It’s ladies night out at West 7th this Thursday night and all these deals are made to make you feel good. There’s everything from discounts on drinks at Brownstone to discounts on jeans and boots at Tesky’s. Be sure to check out all the specials here. Come out and enjoy some time with your girlfriends.
Third Thursday Jazz Series
2. Set the mood for the weekend with the Third Thursday Jazz Series at the Fort Worth Public Library. Local and nationally known artists will perform the sounds of Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie and Wes Montgomery. The event starts at 6:30 on Thursday night with free parking.
Modern Dance Festival at the Modern
3. The annual Modern Dance Festival at the Modern continues this Friday and Saturday night. Internationally renowned modern dance artist Bill Evans will perform his tap rendition of Gershwin’s “Three Preludes” among other dances. Saturday at 2 p.m. he will also reflect on his career as a dancer, choreographer and teacher.
Jack Ingram at Billy Bob’s
4. Put your boots on, it’s time to do the boot scootin’ boogie at Billy Bob’s with Jack Ingram performing on Saturday night. The country music star won the Academy of Country Music’s Best New Male Vocalist in 2008 and has hits such as “Barefoot and Crazy” and “Seeing Stars” with Patty Griffin. Don’t miss this opportunity to two-step to Ingram’s vocals.
5. How about a night out by the Trinity River with a twist on barbecue? The Woodshed Smokehouse will have Ben Napier performing on Saturday night. Take a night out and come find out what people are talking about as the next community meeting place. Chef Tim Love’s cuisine will be sure to satisfy.
Company: a Musical Comedy
6. Relationships is the topic of Company: a Musical Comedy. The musical has a showing Thursday, Friday and two on Saturday and Sunday. Don’t miss out on the performance at the Jubilee Theatre in Sundance square!
Yoga at lululemon athletica
7. Ever been interested in trying yoga? Lululemon athletica in University Park Village hosts a complimentary yoga class on Saturday mornings. Come find out what this workout is all about. Mats are provided.