The Horned Frogs’ first road game is upon us, and for those who are not hitting the open road, here is a list of restaurants, bars and boutiques to complete Saturday’s game day.
Game day at the food park
1. Cowtown Chow Town Food Park in the historic stockyards just might be your game day destination. Enjoy the game on three big screens and plenty of tailgating food options. The park opens at 10 a.m. Saturday and Snoball Corral will give out free purple snowballs to all students with a valid I.D. Phatso's Cheesesteaks will offer a buy one get one free cheesesteak to all students. For those looking for post-game action, a live band will perform in the park at 6 p.m.
Taps and Apps
2. Even if you’re fully emerged in Horned Frog football, Bar Louie’s Taps and Apps event on Sunday evenings will keep your football fire burning. Enjoy $3 Bud Light drafts and half-off select appetizers while cheering on your favorite NFL teams.
Game day swag stop
3. Before preparing for a day of game watching, stop by Flirt Boutique on West 7th to stock up on Horned Frog game day gear. The boutique has plenty of purple game day fashions to choose from throughout September. Students can receive 10 percent off by presenting their student I.D. at the counter.
Baker St. Pub & Grill
4. Baker St. Pub & Grill on Camp Bowie may be the perfect atmosphere for a Saturday afternoon football experience. Two 60 inch screens fit for Frog football with a side of fish and chips could make for a great afternoon on the patio.
5. Voted #4 in ESPN’s North America’s Best Sports Bars, Woody’s Tavern is an ideal spot whether it be NFL, MLB or the Horned Frogs on Saturday afternoon. This Saturday, enjoy complimentary food specials until 6 p.m. and $7 pitchers until 9 p.m. Woody’s happy hour also includes $3 drinks, $2 domestic pints and $2.75 longnecks.
6. If you’d like to stay in the area, there is no better spot than the Aardvark in the TCU neighborhood. Located on Berry Street, the Aardvark can be both your game day and barbeque destination. With eight televisions in the building the Horned Frog action will be hard to miss, and the $2.50 Kamikaze shots should also hit the spot.
Frankie's Sports Bar
7. Frankie's Sports Bar downtown not only has a vast drink selection, but an original television set up perfect for game watching. With an athletic themed menu and patio seating, the venture downtown might just be a safe bet for Saturday’s 6 p.m. kick-off.