Members across all Greek organizations on campus came together on March 29 to recognize individuals and organizations that excel above the rest.
The awards recognized members from all Greek councils, including the Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Council, Panhellenic Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council and Independent Greek Council.
This is the second year that FSL has awarded members of the Greek community.
FSL Graduate assistant Melissa Smithey was one of the main organizers of the event. She said she was pleased by the amount of participation from all of the chapters.
Each organization or individual submits an application for the awards they desire. Then, a faculty committee reviews each application, Smithey said.
Awards range from “Outstanding Risk Management Work” to “Chancellor’s Chapter of the Year.”
“Often Greek organizations get recognized for what they are doing wrong, so it’s really great to recognize them for all the great things they do,” Smithey said.
Awards and Recipients
- Outstanding Educational Program: Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Outstanding New Member Development: Beta Theta Pi
- Outstanding Philanthropy Event: Chi Omega
- Outstanding Risk Management Work: Delta Tau Delta
- Outstanding Alumni Engagement: Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Outstanding Collaborative Program of the Year: Kappa Alpha Theta
- Outstanding Brotherhood/Sisterhood Event: Chi Omega
- Chapter Alumni of the Year: Laura Miller of Chi Omega
- Chapter Advisor of the Year: Timeka Gordon of Alpha Kappa Alpha
Order of Omega Awards
- Order of Omega Emerging Leader: Katheryn Jaslikowski of Alpha Chi Omega
- Greek Woman of the Year: Neely Lawrence of Alpha Delta Pi
- Greek Man of the Year: Preston Newsome of Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Order of Omega Scholarship Award: Emma Breyer of Gamma Phi Beta
Susan B. Adams Greek Leadership Scholarship
- Justin Pollard of Beta Theta Pi
- Justine Grace of Gamma Phi Beta
Housing Awards and Recognitions
Chapter Resident Assistant of the Year
- Fraternity CRA of the Year: Ryan Develle of Lambda Chi Alpha
- Sorority CRA of the Year: Carly Hirvela of Alpha Chi Omega
- 3 Year Service Award-CRA: Maddie Holmes of Kappa Kappa Gamma and Ryan Develle of Lamda Chi Alpha
- Housekeeper of the Year: Marisol Rivera
Panhellenic Council Awards
- Panhellenic Delegate of the Year: Gilda Montes of Alpha Omicron Pi
- Panhellenic President of the Year: Caroline McCormick of Zeta Tau Alpha
Interfraternity Council Awards
- Outstanding President of the Year: Mitch Titsworth of Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Vice Chancellor’s Outstanding Community Service Award: Kappa Alpha Psi
- Chancellor’s Chapter of the Year: Chi Omega and Kappa Alpha Theta